If you’ve had a story (or a book!) published, if you’ve won or placed in a writing contest, if you’ve gotten yourself an agent, or if you have any other news, send me an email so I can share your success. As writers, we’re all in this together, and your good news gives us all a boost.
Email me
at: brianhenry@sympatico.ca
Hi, Brian.
Been a while since I wrote
this during your writing classes in Burlington and Mississauga, but The Queen of Swords: A Tarot Card Murder Mystery is finally out. It’s available on Kobo,
Kindle, Friesen Press publishing and on Amazon. Many thanks to you and the
fellow writers I met along the way.and for your help in my first book published
in 2021, Follow the Money, A Diana Darling
Private Investigator Novel.
Kind Regards,
Connie Cook
Read more about The Queen of Swords here and Follow the Money here.
Hi, Brian.
Two publishers are
interested in A is for Ancestor
and CANSCAIP just longlisted Grandmother
Moon.
Colour me happy – couldn't have done it without you.
Sue Kelly
Hi, Brian.
Views to Die
For
is longlisted for CANSCAIP. I like the competition – it keeps me writing. Now I
better get this book done. I do have it sketched out. See you in the fall
course for sure!
Couldn’t do it without you
and the class :-)
Yvonne
Denomy
Congratulations also especially to Andrea Bishop, Kyla McGrath, Sally Wylie and to
everyone else who made the longlist for CANSCAIP’s Writing for Children
competition. Full list here.
Hi, Brian.
I'm pleased say I won 2nd prize at the writing
contest hosted by the Friends of The Library here in Linsday for a short story
that I submitted. There were 27 entries and this was my first entry into this
contest.
I actually won last summer as well. The Town of
Lindsay had a promo for the bus shelters called “Words While You Wait.” I was
awarded a $200 honorarium for it. My words were paired with an artist who
happens to be a writing friend but had no idea who the owner of the words was,
so for me it was a double win.
Thanks Brian
Evelyn Anne Nielsen
Dear Brian,
I am writing to let you know that my collected translations of Carol Shields' poetry, La Poesia di Carol Shields, have been published by I Quaderni del Bardo Edizioni di Stefano Donno in Italy. I have just returned from Italy where the Italian launch was generously hosted by Carol Shield's daughter, Anne Giardini. What a wonderful way to release this unique collection!
My hope is that this
work will bring awareness of Carol Shields' unique poetic voice to readers who
may know her only as an accomplished, award-winning novelist. Before the
novels, though, came the poems, her initial foray into the world of
literature.
This is a first bilingual collection, with facing
English and Italian versions of the poems. It is now available from the
publisher, IQdB Edizioni, or from Amazon. I attach the cover image and hope you
will pass this information on to your wide circle of followers, including my
past classmates from your wonderfully helpful workshop sessions.
With my warm regards and thanks,
Nella
Nella Cotrupi
Writer, Scholar, Translator
Member, The Writers' Union of Canada
www.NellaCotrupi.com
La
Poesia di Carol Shields is available here.
See where else your fellow writers are winning accolades or getting short pieces published here (and scroll down).
See all of
Brian’s upcoming weekly writing classes, afternoon workshops, and wonderful writing
retreats here.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.