Red Fox Literary
129 Morro Avenue
Shell Beach, CA 93449
Karen Grencik and Abigail Samoun have founded Red Fox Literary, a boutique agency representing children's book authors and illustrators.
Karen Grencik will be representing authors writing for picture book, chapter book, middle grade, and young adult audiences.
Abigal Samoun, previously an editor with Tricycle Press, Random House, and Simon & Schuster, will initially be focusing on the illustration division.
Submitting to Karen Grencik:
Due to the volume of queries I’ve been receiving, submissions will only be accepted from the 1st through the 7th of each month. Authors and their manuscripts are very important to me, and I don’t like to keep people waiting. I will make every effort to complete all responses by the end of each month. Thank you in advance for your compliance.
• Please submit queries/submissions by e-mailing email@example.com
• Please type “QUERY” in the subject line.
• You will receive an automated response stating that your submission has been received. Please do not respond to this automated response.
• If you haven’t received a response from me within six (6) weeks, feel free to re-submit your work.
• Please e-mail one query/submission at a time and include all text within the body of the email. No attachments will be opened.
• For picture books, submit a query letter with the full manuscript.
• For fiction, submit a query letter, synopsis, and the first ten pages.
• For non-fictions submit a query letter, proposal, and one sample chapter.
I am not interested in: Mass Market Board or Novelty Books, Activity Books/Workbooks, Self-Help, Science Fiction, High Fantasy, Dystopia, or Memoir.
Illustrators can contact Abigal Samoun at firstname.lastname@example.org. Full submission guidelines here.
Brian Henry has a "Writing for Children and Young Adults" workshop coming up on on August 20 in Oakville (see here) and in Gravenhurst in Muskoka on October 1 (see here).
Also, Brian will be leading "How to Get Published" workshops on August 27 in Woodstock, Ontario, (see here), on September 24 in Guelph with guest Monica Pacheco of the Anne McDermid Agency (see here), on Sunday, Oct 23, in Sudbury (see here) and on December 3 in Oakville with guest Ali McDonald of The Rights Factory literary agency (see here).
See Brian's full schedule here, including writing workshops and creative writing courses in Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Georgetown, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Kitchener, Orangeville, Barrie, Woodstock, London, Gravenhurst, Sudbury, Muskoka, Peel, Halton, the GTA, Ontario and beyond.