Friday, February 3, 2012
John Wiley & Sons Canada always in the market for nonfiction
"Our primary fields of interest are business, technology, architecture, culinary, psychology, education, travel, health, religion, consumer reference, and general interest.
"The Professional and Trade business also includes the following Wiley brands: For Dummies, Frommer’s, Frommer’s Unlimited, Jossey-Bass, Bloomberg Press, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Better Homes and Gardens, Webster’s New World, Sybex, WROX, Pfeiffer, CliffsNotes, Visual, Howell Book House, Fisher Investments Press, J.K. Lasser, Capstone, and Wrightbooks."
To pursue a project idea, send your curriculum vitae and a proposal including:
• The proposed title and a description of the topic or product
• An explanation of why the product is needed by the marketplace
• The intended primary market and secondary markets
• A profile of the typical reader / user
• A description of why the topic is important, and/or any problems the product can help solve
• A review of competitive works and how the proposed product differs
• The table of contents (if available)
• A partial or complete manuscript
• Reviews of the author's previous works
Mail proposals and manuscripts to:
John Wiley & Sons Canada, Ltd.
Professional and Trade Division
6045 Freemont Boulevard
Mississauga, ON L5R 4J3
Full submission guidelines here.
Brian Henry will lead "How to Get Published" workshops on Saturday, May 12, in Newmarket with Meghan Macdonald of Transatlantic Literary Agency (see here), Saturday, June 9, in Brampton with Monica Pacheco of The Anne McDermid literary agency (see here), and Saturday, June 16 in Hamilton with Carly Watters of P.S. Literary Agency (see here).
See Brian's full schedule here, including writing workshops and creative writing courses in Kingston, Peterborough, Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Georgetown, Oakville, Burlington, St. Catharines, Hamilton, Dundas, Kitchener, Guelph, London, Woodstock, Orangeville, Newmarket, Barrie, Gravenhurst, Sudbury, Muskoka, Peel, Halton, the GTA, Ontario and beyond.