Friday, August 14, 2026

There's a brand new Canadian literary agency: The READ Agency

The Read Agency

Toronto, Canada

https://thereadagency.com/

Olga Filina recently left 5 Otter Literary to create her own agency: The READ Agency. How new is this agency? Well, when I started preparing this post, her website wasn’t up yet and I had to get the scoop on how to submit straight from Olga. If you’re looking for representation, this strikes me as good opportunity to get in on the ground floor. ~Brian

Olga’s worked at every level of the publishing industry for over twenty-five years: bookselling, buying, directing literary festivals, editing, consulting, and agenting, and she’s a founding member and former executive treasurer of PACLA, the Professional Association of Canadian Literary Agents.

“Understanding how books are sold and discovered allows me to position the clients I represent in both English language and translation markets,” says Olga. “I'm drawn to work that's intellectually stimulating, ambitious, or written from a perspective that hasn't yet been heard. As an immigrant, I have a particular affinity for stories of belonging, displacement, and international experience. If your book could be banned in the current political climate, I want to read it.”

If you have a project ready to share, here’s what you need to know to submit:

Currently, Olga is looking for literary and upmarket fiction, narrative nonfiction, cultural criticism, and projects from experts in their subject matter.

Plus, children's literature across all ages.  

She also has particular focus on underrepresented voices, international stories, and the global diaspora.

Query Olga at: submissions@thereadagency.com

Submit your query and the first ten pages of your manuscript pasted into the body of your email.

Full submission guidelines here.

Note: If you’re interested in getting published and meeting an agent, check out upcoming “How to Get Published” workshops here. We always have a literary agent as a guest speaker at these workshops.

See all our upcoming weekly writing classes, afternoon workshops, and glorious writing retreats here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.