Friday, January 28, 2011
Accenti invites submissions for writing contest & accepts regular submissions
• Entries can be fiction, non-fiction or creative non-fiction.
• Entries must be previously unpublished and not under consideration by any other publication.
• Maximum length: 2000 words.
• No poetry, plays, reviews, and scholarly essays. No footnotes and endnotes. No pseudonyms.
• Submissions must be in English, but may be an English translation of the author’s unpublished original work in another language.
• Entry Fee: $20 per entry, non-refundable.
• Deadline: Postmarked on or before February 18, 2011.
• Top prize: $1000 and publication in Accenti.
• Second Prize: $250 and publication in Accenti.
• Third Prize: $100 and publication in Accenti.
If you have any questions, please write to: email@example.com
But no email submissions please
For instructions on how to submit and full contest details here.
Based in Montreal, Accenti describes itself as "the Canadian magazine with an Italian accent." It strives to reflect the cultural imprint of Italian Canadians in its editorial content. Accenti appeals to Canadians of Italian origin and anyone who shares an affinity for things Italian. In so doing, it endeavours to act as a cultural bridge among peoples.
Accenti considers unsolicited articles for publication. These can include news items, commentaries, works of fiction, non-fiction, etc. Photographs and illustrations can accompany submissions. However, please do not send images unaccompanied by an article or story. Submissions must be in English and be between 500 and 2000 words. Email submissions must be sent as attached files, preferably in Word format.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To keep up to date with all the annual writing contests in Canada, get the 2011 Canadian Writers' Contest Calendar – just $23 including tax and shipping (or $20 at any of Brian Henry's workshops or classes). To order your copy, email email@example.com. More details here.
For information about Brian's writing workshops and creative writing courses, see here.