The Round Up Writer’s Zine is is looking for fresh, emerging writers looking for a place to share their work with like-minded people. Interested in short stories, nonfiction, poetry, quirky essays, and personal musings. Prefers submissions that feature humour or darkness or both. Snarky or sarcastic, edgy and/or possibly offensive are welcome.
Deadline: August 9, 2013. Guidelines here.
Independent art and poetry zine Nickel95 Zine (London, ON) seeks submissions of poetry about mental illness for their third issue. Theme: “Blown a Fuse.” Write about other people, yourself, meds, doctors, insanity, hospital visits, etc. Submit 5-7 poems. Payment: Copy of the handmade zine.
Deadline: August 12, 2013. Guidelines here.
Voicings is a literary magazine for Aboriginal writing, open to writers living in Canada. We are currently doing a call for submissions of short stories and creative non-fiction, as well as art. Details can be found at www.voicings.ca/submissions
Editor, Voicings Literary Magazine
· We welcome submissions of original short stories, creative non-fiction, and art, by Aboriginals writing in Canada.
· In the future we hope to have the resources to also accept poetry; so, poets, please check back in with us for later issues.
· Please only send previously-unpublished materials.
· Write your cover letter in the body of the email. Please include why you would like to be published in Voicings, whether you have been published before and where, any awards you have received, whether your submission is a short story, work of creative non-fiction, or art, the word count of your written piece, and your contact information.
· We believe artists should be paid for their work. We are a small venture, and therefore at this time we offer $15 per accepted short story, work of creative nonfiction, or art.
· Word limit for short stories and creative nonfiction is 3,500 words.
· Artists, please send a maximum of 5 images.
Full submission guidelines here. Please submit to: email@example.com
See Brian Henry's schedule here, including writing workshops and creative writing courses in Kingston, Peterborough, Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Georgetown, Milton, Oakville, Burlington, St. Catharines, Hamilton, Dundas, Kitchener, Guelph, London, Woodstock, Orangeville, Newmarket, Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge, Sudbury, Muskoka, Peel, Halton, the GTA, Ontario and beyond.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.