Dorian Karchmar is an agent at William Morris Endeavor. She represents both fiction and nonfiction writers, including:
- Cathy Marie Buchanan author of The Painted Girls and The Day the Falls Stood Still (Note: Cathy Marie Buchanan will be speaking about her writing process on Sept 19. See here.)
- Amor Towles, author of the breakout debut Rules of Civility
- Chris Columbus author of the middle-grade fantasy series House of Secrets and filmmaker (Goonies; Home Alone; Harry Potter and Sorcerer’s Stone)
- Helene Cooper, New York Times White House correspondent and author of the memoir The House at Sugar Beach
- Jennifer Haigh New York Times bestselling novelist of Mrs. Kimble and Faith
Dorian received her MFA in creative nonfiction writing from the University of Iowa and serves on the board of the Association of Author Representatives. She was previously with Lowenstein-Yost and left in 2005 to join the William Morris Agency.
Dorian represents Literary Fiction, Commercial Fiction, Women's Fiction, Historical Fiction, Young Adult fiction, Short Stories and offbeat and quirky fiction. She specializes in literary fiction with mainstream potential or an eccentric edge.
|Cathy Marie Buchanan will be |
speaking Sept 19 in Mississauga.
In nonfiction, Dorian represents History, Biography, Food & Lifestyle, Science, Memoirs, Women's Issues, Narrative, and Psychology.
Query Dorian at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Query only; no manuscript pages or attachments.
Brian Henry leads How to Get Published workshops frequently, with a literary agent as his guest speaker. See current "How to Get Published" workshops here (and scroll down).
Brian also leads Writing for Children & for Young Adults workshops regularly. Check out current "Writing for Children& for Young Adults" workshops here (and scroll down).
But the best way to grow as a writer or to get your manuscript ready for publication may be with a weekly class. See current courses here (and scroll down).
Read reviews of Brian’s courses and workshops here.
To register or for more information for any class or workshop, email: email@example.com
See Brian’s complete current schedule here, including writing workshops and creative writing courses in Algonquin Park, Alton, Barrie, Bracebridge, Brampton, Burlington, Caledon, Collingwood, Georgetown, Guelph, Hamilton, Ingersoll, Kingston, Kitchener, London, Midland, Mississauga, Newmarket, Orillia, Oakville, Ottawa, Peterborough, St. Catharines, St. John, NB, Sudbury, Thessalon, Toronto, Windsor, Halton, Ingersoll, Kitchener-Waterloo, Muskoka, Peel, Simcoe, York, the GTA, Ontario and beyond.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.