Friday, April 29, 2011
The writers bloc literary magazine wants good stories told in everyday words
At The Writers Block, we think that affecting people should be the main point of creative writing. We will publish work that engages the average reader, with the knowledge that complex ideas do not necessarily require complex language to be effective. Writing which balances impact and innovation must be recognized and given a legitimate venue in which to voice itself. The Writers Block is intended to provide such a venue.
- Keep fiction pieces shorter than 1500 words.
- Don't send more than 1 fiction piece or 2 to 3 poems.
- No limit on photography or artwork.
- Please send a short bio up front.
- Attach everything in one file, with one piece per page.
- Send all submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full submission guidelines here. Home page here.
See Brian's full schedule here, including writing workshops and creative writing courses in Etobicoke, Mississauga, Brampton, Georgetown, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Kitchener, Orangeville, Barrie, Gravenhurst, Muskoka, London, Peel, Halton, the GTA, Ontario and beyond.