|Susanne Alexander and Julie Scriver, |
managing partners of Goose Lane Editions,
Canada's oldest independent book publisher.
Goose Lane publishes works by both established and up-and-coming Canadian authors with established publishing history in literary journals and magazines (such as The Fiddlehead, The Antigonish Review, Grain, The Malahat Review, or Matrix, or e-zines such as Broken Pencil or other online magazines.)
Non-fiction writers should have some experience in publishing articles in magazines, newspapers or other periodicals.
Al l submissions should include:
• A brief profile of yourself (one page or less) summarizing professional and personal information relevant to this book.
• A list of previous publications, including any portions of the manuscript that have been published elsewhere.
• A synopsis or outline of the whole book.
• A sample of 30-50 consecutive, double-spaced, numbered manuscript pages.
• For short story collections, send enough stories to achieve the sample size mentioned above.
• Non-fiction submissions should include ideas for illustration with your outline and photocopies or printouts of illustrative material with your sample (if applicable).
For poetry, submit the entire manuscript, double-spaced with numbered pages.
Send submissions to:
Goose Lane Editions
Suite 300, 500 Beaverbrook Court
Fredericton, N.B. E3B 5X4
A response to your submission will often takes from six to eight months.
Full submission details here: http://www.gooselane.com/submissions.php
For information about Brian Henry's writing workshops and creative writing courses, see here.